Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Arcade - Song# 46

The Arcade by Rich Baker

I miss those days spent at the arcade
All day playing video games
Going up and down the aisles
My face would be a permanent smile

Smarter kids like libraries
Paying attention for me is a rarity
I need much more noise than all that
Fighting ninjas in Mortal Kombat!

For me the old arcades never failed
And I prefer them to the games that are handheld
Gimmie a button the size of a pepperoni
When Pacman eats the blinking dot he gets glowy

(Chorus)
In the arcade!
Life is a game
Never the same
I outta change my name
To king of the arcade!

If I’m Mario I’m a super plumber
And Dig dug needs to keep going under
In Off Road I can win money to buy new tires
When he dunks in NBA jam, “He’s on fire!”

(Chorus)
In the arcade!
We always played
Good times never fade
We wish we had stayed
To be the king of the arcade!

In Rampage can I destroy all of Japan?
How many robots can be beat by Mega Man?
Pitfall features a dashing crusader
We need to blow up all the Spaced Invaders

You can only punch Mike Tyson in the head
You need to duck or get eaten in House of the Dead
When it comes to pinball you can never go wrong
Avoid the barrels thrown by donkey Kong

Defend the earth from the aliens from Mars
Frogger needs to watch out for the cars
Arkanoid will use a ball to destroy the blocks
Shoot up the space battles with StarFox

(Chorus)
In the arcade!
To the Nintendo gods we prayed
Back then we weren’t concerned about getting laid
Time makes the memories start to fade
When we were kings of the arcade!

No comments:

Post a Comment