Friday, February 26, 2010

Ghost Texts - Song# 49

Ghost Texts by Rich Baker

Sometimes I miss the people who have died
When loved ones go we usually cry
Seems like we never get to say our goodbyes
What if it wasn't over. What a surprise.

Just to talk to the departed would be great
Tell me about the beyond. What is my fate?
Send me your words all the way from heaven
Send it to my phone in a text message

(Chorus)
Ghost Texts
Texts from the grave
Ghost Texts
What will the dead say?

One hundred sixty characters is all you got
Send me your updates and your thoughts
What's Heaven like? Is God really tall?
Can you tell me the future? Tell me it all.

(Chorus)
Ghost texts
Texts from a ghost
Ghost texts
Send me a blog post

(Bridge)
I wanna hear from you even though you're gone
Send me a smiley ghost face emoticon
Ask me how I'm doing or send me a quote
I don't care as long as I get a text from a ghost

(Chorus)
Ghost texts
I just wanna read
Ghost texts
Not from a zombie
Your hands can't touch the screen
Ghost texts
Make them haunting
Ghost texts!

No comments:

Post a Comment