Friday, February 5, 2010

Out of Excuses - Song #36

Out of Excuses – by Rich Baker

My gym is open 24 hours
So, I could go at any time
But I’m still out of shape
I’m out of excues

There’s a fresh produce stand
Right down the street
But I still eat peanut butter and jelly
I’m out of excuses

Cool fun places to hang out
All around my neighborhood
Here I am at home watching TV
I’m out of excuses

I’m home during the day
And I’m not even sick
But my room is still a crazy mess
I’m out of excuses

(Chorus)
Nothing to blame it on
It’s just all my fault
Nothing prevented me from doing it
I simply didn’t do it on my own

I came an hour late to our date
I knew exactly when it was
There was no fire on the train or a flooded sewer drain
I just left late just because

I didn’t come see your show at all
And I wasn’t in the hospital
I just didn’t get up and do it
No excuses

(Bridge)
Sometimes it’s just my fault
I was tired or lazy or just forgot
And no spiritual force stood in my way
I am really sorry to cause the dismay

(Chorus)
No one else did it. Just me.
No dog ate the homework. No disparity.
Whether to give effort a little or a lot
I simply chose to not

No comments:

Post a Comment