Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sleep Is Underrate - Song#37

Sleep Is Underrated by Rich Baker

Lotta people don’t sleep
And they say they’re okay
Maybe they’re made of stronger stuff than me
Cause I just needs me sleep

Staying awake for more than twenty hours
I start to lose all of my normal human powers
Thinking and laughing and comprehending
When I don’t sleep they’re all just pending

(Chorus)
Time for z’s
Time for sleep
If I don’t go to bed soon I may just weep
I need to lay down
I need to dream
This ain’t some elaborate scheme

Navy seals can stay awake for days
But me, I will fall into a haze
I can’t be too sleep deprived
I need the sandman to hurry and arrive

If I go too long things get intense
And I start losing my ability to make sense
Words jumbled and mumbled and klungled
Will humble schum bell mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm…snore

(Chorus)
It’s time for peace
Time for quiet
My body may cause an internal riot
I want my mattress
I want my pillow
My consciousness is short like the actors in Willow

(Bridge)
I’m barely awake as it is
4AM and my mind is going
My thoughts disconnected
And my stupidity is showing

No comments:

Post a Comment