Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I Beg You to Work - Song# 39

I Beg You to Work by Rich Baker

Technology is great it helps us all
It washes our dishes and makes a phone call
I look at anything I want right on the net
But then there are times I live to regret

It’s early morning and I gotta get to work
To get to my job as a front desk clerk
The sun is out. I’m ready to depart
But after a few turns of the key the car won’t start

I turn once again and then another time
Nothing at all. Has the battery died?
No clue what to do, I yell something rude
I gotta leave right now, which means I’m screwed

(Chorus)
Please work. I’m begging you
To please work. I don’t know what to do
Just please work. I’m not at all mechanically inclined
Please work. I didn’t plan for extra time

Big meeting in an hour and I’m prepared
With my power point saved as far as I’m aware
I go to look at it on my hard drive
And my heart skips three beats as I struggle to survive

The computer’s not responding. Nothing clicks
I hit escape and enter and I’m starting to get sick
It’s completely frozen. Why the hell won’t you behave?
My only copy is on your hard drive not yet saved

(Chorus)
Please work. Just enuff for me to get what I need
You just gotta work. I really need you to proceed
No one thinks about what to do when you break down
We just take for granted that you’ll always be around.

(Bridge)
I need to clean the house and the vacuum bag explodes
I just used the bathroom and I stopped up the commode
My GPS stopped everything and now I’m so lost
My pen ran out of ink while writing down my thoughts
The dishwasher won’t do anything now I gotta do it by hand
The airplane engine’s failing we’ll crash on dry land
The grenade pin didn’t fire now I gotta kill him with my knife
All this breaking down technology is really running my life

(Chorus)
Please just work. Why do you break at all?
I need you to work. What do you mean a factory wide recall?
We need technology now, without it we can’t endure
We can’t go back to the 1800s that would be torture

No comments:

Post a Comment