Sunday, January 24, 2010

Call My Phone - Song #24

Call My Phone by Rich Baker

Would you mind calling me?
I can’t find my phone you see.
When you call it I’ll know its location
Which will end my frustration

I lose my phone a lot I know
I just don’t know where it goes
It’s like it has legs and walks away
When that happens you’ll hear me say:

(Chorus)
Please call my phone!
Please call me now
I listen to the ring
And that will bring
Me closer to the phone.

I really hope I didn’t leave it on vibrate
If I did that would make me irate
If it didn’t make any sound
How would I ever get around?

(Chorus)
Please call my phone!
I wish you could call other things
Like when I lose my keys
Or my wallet, shoes, or my integrity
My phone’s the only object I can lose and it be okay

(Bridge)
I must find the phone soon
Life without my phone makes no sense
How will I text or call or check my email?
My apps won’t access themselves…Unless they make an app for that
What will I do if I can’t text while I walk?
I can’t check it during conversations. I’ll have to listen to people when they talk.
I won’t know the weather or sports scores.
Cell phones own us. They’re the pimps and we’re the whores

(Chorus)
Please call my phone
What’s my number? I don’t know.
That information is found in my phone
I feel like a dog without his bone
Or an ice cream without the cone
A banker without a loan
Rivers without a Joan
A garden without a gnome
Even E.T. needed to phone home.
So, somebody, please call my phone

No comments:

Post a Comment