Friday, January 15, 2010

I Don't Have to Rhyme - Song #15

I Don’t Have to Rhyme by Rich Baker

While writing my lyrics I spend much of my time
Searching for words with near or perfect rhyme
The thought occurred to me as I sat typing away
What if I didn’t rhyme at least just today?

Not all the great song writers use rhyme in all their songs.
It’s not like mathematics. No absolute rights or wrongs.
So, for just this once I’m going to attempt
To not rhyme and see how it all finishes

(Chorus)
I don’t have to use rhymes
Brother can you spare a nickel?
I don’t have to use a rhyme
It’s not like I’m committing a misdemeanor

My dog likes to eat his kibble and bits
I like my girls with contoured faces
When I was sixteen I drove a truck
I’d get a girl inside and all night we’d drive around

(Chorus)
I don’t have to rhyme when I write a verse
But when I get mad I yell and use expletives
I never have to use rhyme when I write
Vampires love to take a walk around the neighborhood

I’m an average-sized guy. My friend is bigger
His name is Jerome and he’s one crazy gentleman
My other friend Hiep always makes me think
He loves math. He’s definitely a smart individual

My girlfriend made me watch Lilo and Stitch
I like her a lot, but she can be a real immature person
When her and I communicate we try to be up front
But when she doesn’t talk to me I call her a silenty silent pants

(Chorus)
No, I don’t have to rhyme
Up a mountain I will maneuver
I don’t have to rhyme at all
It makes me feel good like a tingle on my soul

No comments:

Post a Comment