Thursday, January 21, 2010

Just Thoughts - Song #21

Just Thoughts by Rich Baker

What if angels were ugly?
But they were still majestic and musical
Would we still wanna be saved?
Would we turn down their homely miracle?

What if machine guns came in bright colors?
Like golden yellow or electric blue
Would war be more fun looking
Would you hate it less when I shot you?

(Chorus)
These are the random thoughts
Just thoughts floating in my head
Like cheerios floating in milk
Maybe they’re best left unsaid?

What if sex made you gassy?
Would we still want so much loving?
Only to spend the rest of the night
Under the covers with a Dutch oven?

What if chess pieces weighed fifty pounds each?
Then we gotta call it a sport now
No pencil necks pushing a pawn
Big muscled dudes pick up and put down…POW

(Chorus)
These are my pointless thoughts
Just thoughts falling down like rain
A drop or two hits my head sometimes
They vanish quickly never to remain

(Bridge)
What would life be like without knuckles?
Could I take more than one punch from Lou Ferigno?
Would cats sound smart if they could sing?
When God is bored does he do sudoku?

What if others knew about all these crazy thoughts?
Would they torch up and run me out of town?
I better keep all of these to myself
So, I’ll just remember to never write them down.

(Chorus)
These are my silly thoughts
They don’t mean a damn thing
Just thoughts flying through space
Like comets and debris and saturn’s rings

No comments:

Post a Comment