Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Hard Nose Cop - Song #19

Hard Nose Cop by Rich Baker

Putting bad guys away is what I do
Got me a badge. Got me a gun.
I work nights when crime is high.
When you’re warm at home, my shift’s just begun.

Another crime scene. Another dead girl.
The chief is pissed. Bodies piling up.
The case is stressing everyone out.
Keeping awake with coffee. I’m on my third cup.

(Chorus)
I’m a hard nose cop
I am worth all the hype
A detective with an attitude
A walking stereotype

I go home by 4AM to my dismal house
Laundry’s piling up around the room
Old pizza boxes and a few beer cans
Could stand some cleaning and a vacuum

I’m up to my ears in paperwork
Divorced seven times so far
Bad knees, bad back, bad cholesterol
Burger King wrappers all over my car

(Chorus)
I’m a hard nose cop
Two days of scruff and a raspy voice
I get the job done
Like I was born into this with no choice

(Bridge)
Loose Cannon, Crazy Cowboy
Too many titles to tell
I’ll probably break some chick’s heart
And the captain will start to yell

No glits and glamour for me
Just time off the clock with a beer
Married to the job, busting heads
And the captain yell’s, “Get your ass in here!”

No comments:

Post a Comment