Sunday, January 17, 2010

Cuddling - Song #17

Cuddling by Rich Baker

I can’t cuddle you when I’m asleep.
My body doesn’t work that way
To fall asleep I can’t be touching you
I’ll need you to move yourself away

As romantic as I wanna be this can’t happen
Sinatra’s on the radio crooning
Candles are lit and we feel the warmth
We can face each other or we can be spooning

But it can’t last forever, I’m sorry, girl
It’s not that I don’t wanna caress your face
I love sharing moments looking in your eyes
But I gotta go to sleep now and I need my space

(Chorus)
I can’t cuddle and hold you all night
This isn’t a matter of wrong or right
And it won’t help if I’m counting sheep
Cause I can’t hold you and still fall asleep

You can talk about your feelings
Or tell me all about your day
I’ll take you out to dinner
Or stay home and make you a filet

I’ll be there to listen when you’re down
You’re like my princess who doesn’t wear a crown
Make you laugh when you’re upset
Take you dancing in your red evening gown

(Chorus)
But I can’t cuddle you while I’m sleeping
I need to be separated while I’m dreaming
I’m seriously. There won’t be anymore.
Try to touch me again I’ll push you onto the floor.

(Bridge)
Is it too much to ask to have my own space at night?
I won’t ask you again. I’m ‘bout to be impolite.
I swear you’re clinging to me like a parasite!
You’re like a moth and I’m a 90 watt light!
You’re like a cuddle eating monster with a huge apetite
I bet you blog about cuddling on your website
You’re squeezing so hard I feel like Han Solo encased in carbonite
Like a vampire searching for a victim to bite
I’m about to explode just like dynamite
I may stab you with a pencil made of graphite
In the morning our bodies can reunite

Get away from me.
Get your grabby hands away from me
Don’t you dare press yourself against me
Tonight there’s no more cuddling

No comments:

Post a Comment