Friday, January 1, 2010

Public Transit Love (first song on day 1)

Public Transit Love by Rich Baker

(spoken)
Hey you, girl on the train. I'm in love with you.

(Verse)
Your brown hair peaks thru your hoodie's hood.
Your cute little smile. Which is your neighborhood?
Just look up and you'll be as smitten with me as I with you.
Cause one cta rider plus another makes two.

(Verse)
My love for you is like a boat about to set sail
As I watch you hold on to that dirty hand rail!
Tell me do you believe in love at first sight?
As I hear the announcer say, ‘door’s open on the right.’

(Chorus)
It’s train love. Rolling down the track.
It’s train love. You can’t deny the simple fact.
We’ve never met before, but it’s ordained from up above.
It’s train love. It’s train love.

(Verse)
I want to kiss you and look deep into your eyes
But between us are a business woman and two homeless guys
Oh I wonder so much about you, fair maiden sharing my train car
Are you a local returning home, or have you traveled far?

(Chorus repeats)

(Verse)
I don’t mean to rush our love or move too fast,
I always knew something magical would come from buying a CTA pass
The train is noisy, but don’t you hear it?
Our hearts beat in sink, don’t dare fear it.

(Verse)
I promise i'll be a gentleman. Give you love and affection.
If you don't see me now i'll post later on craig's list's missed connections.
A love like ours is rare. Just look at me and give me a nod.
You are so damn cute listening to your Ipod.

(Chorus repeats)
It’s train love. My love will rise to the top.
It’s train love. Please oh please girl get off at my same stop.
We’ve never met before, but you’re all I’m thinking of.
It’s train love. It’s train love.


(Bridge)
I get off real soon and I want to hold you so close.
Wait, you're getting up. Oh no, your stop is montrose.
Dare I leave my seat and run after you to declare how i feel?
No. The fates have made their choice as I watch you from the window sill.

(Chorus)
It’s train breakin’ up. What greatness we could have been.
It’s train breakin’ up. Now my world’s all in a spin.
I’m like a beggar on the street with an empty change cup.
It’s train breakin’ up. It’s train breakin’ up.

(Verse)
How will I ever again find a love so strong.
The train mocks me as it keeps rolling along.
Oh hello there Ms. pink jacket who just sat across the aisle.
What great hair you have. And i assume what a great smile.

I just had my heartbroken, but you've shown me how i can love again.
My love for you, as long as this train goes, will never end.

(Chorus)

It’s train rebound love. I’ve already forgotten about that girl.
It’s train rebound love. You’re the only thing in my world.
We’ve never met before, but you’re all I’m thinking of.
It’s train rebound love. It’s train rebound love

No comments:

Post a Comment